Enjoy a better night’s sleep
Sleep apnoea – difficulty breathing while asleep – has been linked to memory problems, tiredness, depression, high blood pressure and strain on the heart.
Snoring is an underestimated problem and many people aren’t even aware they suffer from it. Recent studies show the there is a direct relationship between teeth grinding (bruxism) and sleep apnoea, so as dentists we are the first port of call for detection, diagnosis and treatment.
Snoring is caused when the soft tissues at the back of the throat collapse, partially blocking the airway and causing the vibrations and noises that you experience during sleep. If these soft tissues at the back of the throat completely block the airway during sleep this is called obstructive sleep apnoea; a serious disease that causes a cycle of cessation of breathing and subsequent awakening during sleep.
Sleep apnoea has been linked to an increased chance of a range of serious health risks, including:
- Heart disease
- Workplace and Driving accidents
At The Essex Smile Centre we are leading UK clinicians for SomnoMed anti-snoring devices that treat snoring and obstructive sleep apnoea.
If you want to find out more about the different dental solutions available, or book a consultation, please get in touch.
The Somnowell Chrome
- The world’s leading oral device for snoring, sleep apnoea, temperomanidibular joint disorder, bruxism
- Tailor-made device individually designed by specialists
- Best for oral hygiene, suitable for long term wear in the mouth
- Made from ultra-resilient cast chrome cobalt alloy, outperforming all acrylic, plastic and thermoplastic devices
- Thin small and discreet, the Somnowell is amazingly comfortable to wear at night
- It works by preventing the lower jaw dropping back during sleep thereby preventing the closure of your airways – an effective stop snoring remedy
The Somnowell Clear
- The Somnowell Clear is one of the most affordable alternatives to the Somnowell Chrome
- It’s ideal for people who wish to trail an anti-snoring / sleep apnoea device before committing to Somnowell Chrome, as the cost of the clear appliance is less than the Chrome appliance
- It will help you experience the life changing benefits that can occur when your snoring and sleep apnoea are controlled or managed
- Sleepwell prevents the lower jaw from dropping back during sleep thereby preventing the closure of your airways – an effective stop snoring remedy.
- Sleepwell is a custom made mouth piece produced in a laboratory to fit your teeth
- Unique features includes a soft inner lining which allows side to side movement of the lower jaw for maximum comfort and retention
- The Sleepwell works by holding the bottom jaw in a slightly forward position. This action is similar to doing a chin lift in ‘First Aid’, by holding the bottom jaw forward by just a few millimeters allows the tongue to move forward and opens the airway significantly, allowing the passage of air more freely reducing snoring.
The Blue Pro
- Blue Pro is an immediate, efficient and cost effective solution for patients in the treatment af snoring and obstructive sleep apnoea
- The Blue Pro anti-snoring appliance is prefabricated and can be custom fitted in a single 45 minute appointment
- Blue Pro’s clickstop system allows the two mouthpieces to slide over each other and lock at the required level
“I’d been unhappy with my teeth for some time before coming to see Declan and Amy. I hadn’t needed a brace when I was younger, but my teeth moved considerably in my latter teenage years.
Declan suggested I go for the Invisalign Lite package as it would straighten my teeth quickly whilst going unnoticed by most people I spoke to. Now, after 8 months, I couldn’t be happier with my teeth. Declan and Amy have been helpful throughout the whole process and have really worked with me to get the smile I’ve always wanted.
The Invisalign moulds were relatively painless and the home whitening was really effective. I couldn’t recommended this treatment or Declan and Amy highly enough.” – Todd