At The Smile Centre we believe that achieving healthy teeth and gums is fundamental for patients of all ages…
The two major causes of tooth loss are: decay and periodontal (gum) disease. Through good dental hygiene we can prevent these conditions or deal with them in a quick and easy manner.
We have an expert team of hygienists who you may see in conjunction with a routine check-up at The Smile Centre. Our Dental Hygienists work with our Dentists to provide each one of our patients with a careful individual assessment of their risk factors for dental disease. They will explain and demonstrate the correct ways to keep your teeth and gums in excellent health.
Additional cleaning of your teeth can also be provided during your standard Hygienist appointment or if you prefer at another visit.
We provide more intensive treatment for advanced gum conditions (e.g. Gum / Periodontal Disease). These procedures are normally carried out with a local anaesthetic by one of our specially trained Hygienists.
Our top preventive tips to help keep your teeth and gums healthy include:
- Use a medium toothbrush (preferably electric Braun oral-B) with a rounded head
- Replace your toothbrush every three to four months
- Brush twice daily. Last thing at night and before breakfast in the morning
- Use toothpaste with fluoride and always place the toothpaste on a dry brush
- Try to floss daily at night before brushing
- Avoid tobacco products
- Avoid excessive alcohol use